Life is hard. We all know this. It seems like this has been an especially hard summer for a lot of people in our life. There have been trials in marriage, loss of beloved pets, unexpected surgeries, miscarriages, a difficult diagnosis, unexpected death, and the list could go on. Fortunately none of the above have happened to us directly and for this we are thankful.
Often I become extremely burdened by hardships in this life. I often think "why God?" In my heart and mind I know that He is Sovereign and none of these things come as a surprise to Him. He doesn't sit up in Heaven and say, "oh no! I didn't see that coming now what do I do?" He doesn't promise us a silver lining but He does promise us Heaven if we press on and trust in Him. Even though I know these things as truth, I still have fear, doubt, anxiety, etc. in my moments of weakness.
The Holy Spirit has been so kind to speak to my heart during this difficult season by bringing several verses to mind. I praise God that His Word is living and active!
I thought I would share what the Lord has been reminding me of. (I found all of these images on Google images so I can't take any credit for them.
I praise God that when the hardest times come, He is with us wherever we go, He is our shield, our glory and the lifter of our head, He is our help, our Hope and the anchor for our soul!
Amen!




No comments:
Post a Comment