Thursday, July 12, 2012

Waiting

I know we all would agree....waiting is no fun.  It could be that we are waiting for the birth of our next child, counting down the weeks (I am currently not in this boat but have several friends who are), it could be that we are waiting for direction from God on a major life change or decision, or it could be that we are waiting to find out results from a doctor visit or test.  Waiting is so hard!  

I feel like I am currently in a place of waiting.  I am waiting to find more patience in my day with dealing with the fighting, whining and tattling that comes along with two active boys.  I am waiting on God's direction regarding when and how to expand our family.  Will it be with another biological child or through the gift of adoption?  We don't know.  We are seeking the will of God.  I am waiting patiently for God to direct us as to where we are to live in the next phase of life. Will it be a different house here in Edmond or does he have plans for us to relocate somewhere or move somewhere else to serve Him.  As I wait, I want to be patient.  I want to completely learn the lesson God has for me.  It is when things are hard, out of our comfort zone, confusing, etc. that we learn to truly wait on Him.  

My dear friend, Kelly, put this quote on Facebook recently.  The part about our plans being better as prayers really struck me....

"What if plans are better as prayers and what if everything is supposed to happen this way because His Sovereign Hand can make any happening into good?"~ Ann Voskamp 


Even if we don't feel like things go our way or that we just keep waiting for the next "big" thing or earnestly desire a change in our lives, we can rest knowing that He has our good in mind and has a PERFECT plan for our lives. His plan is SOVEREIGN and no, it might not look like what we would have chosen for ourselves but thank goodness that it will always be His best for us. I am so thankful that He will strengthen my heart as I wait.   

3 comments:

  1. Great post! That quote by Ann really moved me! I immediately wrote it on my chalk board in my entry way & look at it every time I walk by... waiting is hard! But, it is such an important discipline. It allows God to work in my mind & heart. It helps me to be still & know God is at work. It helps me to not make a poor choice due to impatience or what "feels right"." Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think God is leading you to move to NH... :) Hey, you never know. MIss you my friend. I certainly know what it's like to be in the state of waiting - sometimes I feel like my whole life is that way as I'm at the mercy of Greg's career climb. I'm very thankful that even though we don't have enough patience, God does, that He welcomes us to share our insecurities with Him and then gives us the choice of peace and trust. Great to talk with you while on the NC road trip. Only thing better would've been having you with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great perspective Christin. I am so thankful that you are allowing God to be at work and guiding you and your family. Such a blessing to allow Him to lead. I love you all and will be praying with you.
    Hugs,
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete