Do you every get an unsettled feeling in your soul? I have had one recently that keeps creeping up. It happens when I let myself read hard things or listen to hard podcasts and when I challenge myself with the Word. I feel overwhelmed by what I am learning and uncertain how to process the information let alone proceed with it. What I am talking about is poverty, need, dying children, unreached people groups, malnutrition, poor drinking water, etc. My heart quickly becomes burdened and you know what? I want it that way! I want to be aware. I do not want to live with my head in the sand. Why not you might ask? Because Jesus wouldn't want me to. He wants me to go, give, pray, act!
So right now I am reading this. It's not an easy read. Very challenging to say the least.
Here is a quote from the book that stuck out to me. Jen is referring to all the commands that God gives us to feed His sheep. He is serious. He means it and He tells us to do it….over and over!
This is another book that really shakes you up. I have learned so much from David Platt recently. I listen to his daily "Radical" podcasts. David challenges us to live differently, view our possessions differently than our culture tells us to, and to do something about the world's poor, dying and unreached. The world statistics are overwhelming to say the least!
I am not sure what my next steps are to be but I can tell you one thing….I don't want to live normal anymore. I want to live radical. I don't want to fit in, I want to look different. I want Jesus to interrupt my life as many times as it takes!
"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:2 (NLT)
Lord, please continue to change the way I think that I might bring glory to your name!



No comments:
Post a Comment