Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The True Meaning of Christmas

I found this picture on Pinterest and I wanted to share it with you.
This is the true meaning of Christmas!
It isn't about finding the perfect gift for others or asking for all the gifts we want for ourselves,it is about THE gift given to us.

The gift of Jesus.

Jesus was God's plan all along.
He wasn't an afterthought when the world started to make poor choices. He wasn't the "plan B." God knew we would need a rescuer so he set his plan in motion from the beginning of time.
The Old Testament points to the coming Messiah over and over. In Isaiah it says,

"For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace."

The awesome part is that the book of Isaiah was written well before the birth of Christ.
This Christmas, I challenge you to make Christ your focal point.
I am challenging myself to do this too.
How awesome would it be if this year Jesus' birth wasn't just a part of Christmas...right next to the tree, gifts, lights, stocking, parties, decorations, etc. but was the MAIN point of Christmas? I know Christmas would be calmer, simpler and most of all....more meaningful.
Let's all strive to not miss out on the reason why we are celebrating.


No comments:

Post a Comment