Just now as I was putting Joshua down for his nap, we were rocking and reading book after book as he was trying to stall. Instead of getting frustrated and trying to rush on to the next thing, I was overwhelmed by his sweetness and the goodness of God as he sang along with our two favorite songs. 1. Holy, Holy, Holy, is our Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come and 2. How great is our God, sing with me, how great is our God. NOTHING is sweeter than hearing the voice of your two year old sing those words with boldness! Now, I know that he doesn't understand exactly what he is singing and that I might be the only one who can understand what he is singing but that is besides the point :) He is singing words of truth and that just melts my heart. My prayer is that these song lyrics will penetrate his heart and mind as he gets older and that he will realize that that is what life is all about.
Thank you, Lord, for these sweet mommy moments!
What a blessing!
Sweet moments indeed! Tears prick my eyes when I watch and hear Camille sing her favorites, "holy, holy holy", "Silent Night" , and "Amazing Grace." What sweet blessings!
ReplyDelete