Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Bible Study Fellowship (BSF)

Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) started back up today and my heart is very happy! If you are unfamiliar with BSF, it is an international Bible study program that starts in September and runs 32 weeks.

Each year the subject is different and this year we will be studying the Acts of the apostles and going over most of the new testament. I can't wait! Having grown up in church and Christian school most of my life, it is easy to just think that I know most of it already when really head knowledge is very different that heart knowledge.

My prayer is that the Holy Spirit will help me to see the scriptures as if reading them for the first time. I desire to grow deeper and deeper in my relationship with Jesus as I learn about Him through this study. Yes, 32 weeks is a long time and a big commitment but it is worth it! This is my fourth year doing it and it has become a big part of my life.....a normal part.

As I walked in this morning to a sanctuary filled with women of all different ages, I found myself a little choked up and overwhelmed by the gift of BSF. For a moment I reflected on what it has taught me over the last three years and anxiously await what it will teach me this year. Growing up church was something we did and Bible classes at Wheaton were part of getting a degree....BSF is different, it is a choice I make to grow closer to my Savior.

Another huge benefit of BSF is the kids program. This is Will's fourth year and Josh has been going since he was three months old. It is not your typical childcare. From the infants to the six year olds, they are taught the truths of the Bible through prayer, scripture, Bible stories, etc. It is amazing! The love these leaders have for the children is amazing and you can see it as you look in their eyes.

If you are interested in BSF, you can try to find a group near you by going to www.bsfinternational.org. Another great thing is that it is completely free!

I am excited to see what God teaches me this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment