Friday, July 29, 2011

Joshua at 21 months

Our little guys is not so little anymore! Josh is 21 months old and full of life and energy. He is picking up new words everyday and just started to call Will by his name. Until now he had called him Bubby. He now likes to say Arie, dog, truck, thank you, please, juice, elmo, nemo, daddy, mommy, bye bye, bubbles, balloon, papa, nanny, as well as several other words. He loves to take baths and always wants bubbles in the bath.

Josh loves his brother! They play...and fight...but mostly play. Will is a great big brother and it brings me so much joy to see them interact with one another. I pray that they will stay close over the years. What a joy it is to watch the boys be brothers to one another.

Josh now loves to sing! It is the sweetest thing to hear him try to sing along to a song on the radio. He especially loves to sing "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God almight" and "How Great is Our God." Sometimes he will randomly start singing. For our bedtime routine, we read a story or two and then I rock him and sing both of the above songs. He will ask for "Holy, Holy, Holy" but it comes out more like "Howee, Howee, Howee." He doesn't let me forget to sing. I will rock my sweet boy and sing to him as long as he will let me. It is a highlight of my day.

Some of Josh's favorite things are Elmo, crackers, milk, juice and playing Angry Birds on the iPod. I know, I know....not my proudest mom moment but sometimes it is nice to just hand him the iPod while trying to wrap up grocery shopping or some other errand.

The last time we had Josh at the doctor he weight right over 30 pounds completely clothed. He is a much different build than his big brother. Will weighs a little over 10 pounds more than Josh even though he is over 3 years older than him. They are both super tall. To this point they have been almost identical in height along the way. Josh is wearing 24 month/2T clothes and size 8 shoes.

We love our sweet Joshua!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're blogging now! I added you to my blog roll over at nyekeyesadventure.blogspot.com.

    I can totally relate to the IPad thing. It's all good. Whatever gets you through making dinner or in my case the multiple doctor appointments! You are a great mom, never doubt that for a second!

    - Meesh

    ReplyDelete