Thursday, July 28, 2011

In the still of the morning

My mentor has been challenging me to make getting up to meet with the Lord a priority in my life. I must say that I am not a true morning person so this is hard especially when the kids get up before 7 am most days. I have not gotten into the habit of doing this quite yet but it is the desire of my heart to give the Lord my "first fruits" of the day and to not put things like the news, checking my facebook or phone ahead of my time with the Lord. Here is a verse that my mentor shared with me and I hope to continue to meditate on what the Lord is saying to me through this verse.

" Let me hear in the morning of your steafast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment