Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Silly Boy!


Joshua is at such a fun and challenging stage right now.  He now feels that clothing is optional so prefers to run around in underwear most of the time.  This is a lot different from how Will was at this age so it is kind of a challenge to have to put clothes on him whenever we are leaving the house or when someone is coming over.  Never a dull moment!

Joshua also has a big imagination.  He likes to make up scenarios and act them out.  

His favorite clothing, when he is wearing some, is sport shorts and sports jerseys.  He loves to switch between his Wheaton basketball one and his Kevin Durant Thunder one.  He wants to wear them by themselves without anything under them which is challenging when it is only 40 degrees outside!  

Yesterday, I had a conference with his teachers.  They do one at his school twice a year. They had nothing but good to say about Josh which is always good to hear.  I told them some of my challenges at home and they kept saying, "I can't even imagine Josh acting that way."  I guess he saves his "special" behavior for me at home an gives them his best behavior at school.  Oh well! I am glad he can get along with peers and behave while in a school setting.

Josh has such big feet!  We recently had them measured and he is measuring 11.5!  Time for some new shoes!

Josh is starting to ask more questions about his baby sister that is on the way.  Today it went like this....
Josh: Do we have a name for the baby yet?
Me:  No, do you have any ideas?
Josh:  Yes.  I want to call her Stan Tyner.  
(That is my dad's name so it struck me as pretty funny.  I didn't even know that he knew my parents last name.)

Life is passing way too fast!  I know I say that often but truly, it is!  Josh is now quickly approaching 3.5 years old and seems huge now.  I know he will seem even bigger once the new baby is born this summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment