Wow! Today is a hard day, friends! My heart just overflows with sadness as I try to process the news of 26 people dying a senseless death in Connecticut! Seriously! What would cause someone to do something like that?! How can a twenty year old male walk into a school of ALL PLACES and point a gun at innocent 5-10 year old CHILDREN and pull the trigger?! I really don't understand nor can I fathom what the families are going through right now. It is Christmas and this community gets to spend the days leading up to Christmas burying their children and some of the staff of their elementary school.
My brother told me about a tweet from Mark Driscoll, pastor at Mars Hill in Seattle, Washington, and it really is so true.
"No matter who we elect, what laws we pass, what meds we take, there will never be perfect peace until the Prince of Peace returns."
No comments:
Post a Comment