Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Story of Ian & Larissa

                                                Ian & Larissa Murphy on their wedding day.


I do not know Ian & Larissa but over the past three days, I have been captivated, inspired and strengthened by their story.  It is a story of true love and a picture of what marriage is supposed to be and what in a blink of an eye, it can become.  None of us are guaranteed anything here on this earth.  It is easy to look at my husband as he walks out the door and take for granted that he will walk back in around 6:30 pm tonight in the same condition that he walked out but what if he didn't?  Would I be as strong as Larissa?  She has shown me what it looks like to truly rely on God.  

In the article she wrote, she says, "I didnʼt know contentment in my prosperity — contentment then meant health and ease, not God." 

Oh to be fully content in my God!  Her husband can't care for himself at all, he can't drive and needs a caregiver 100% of the time but through this suffering, she is being refined, sanctified, and strengthened by our Lord.  Wow!  Please take some time to watch the 9 minute video.  It can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment