While we were in Indiana over Christmas, we went to my high school to watch a swim meet. Wow! It has been a long time! If I could have a dollar for every hour I spent in the Oak Hill High School pool, I would be rich! I started competitive swimming when I was five years old and four days a week, I swam in this pool. I swam year around until I graduated from college so that is 17 years total with 13 done in this pool! That is a lot of chlorine my friends! Such great memories were made in this pool. It was a family event with my mom working in the clerk of course and my dad working on the timing system. My brother and cousins swam too so the club meets were family affairs. When I got to High school, I swam a couple of years with my cousin, Leah so that was special. My grandparents came to most of our meets so it was very common to see them sitting up in the stands.
I can truly say that my life was shaped in this pool. My two coaches, Cheryl Jones and Mark Yordy, are both strong Christians who poured into me as well as the hundreds of other athletes they have coached over the years.
I am not sure if competitive swimming is in the future for our boys but I am glad that my parents decided to introduce me to it because it stuck! It is a huge part of my past and I am so thankful!
Ah, the memories!
ReplyDelete